Wednesday, October 28, 2009

JaMarcus Russell's Post Game Comments

From The Sacramento Bee:(the "second pick" is the Darrelle Revis interception in the end zone)

"The first interception was a matter of a guy coming across my face and getting to the spot," he said. "I tried to get it down but it was too late.

"As far as the second (pick), I thought I gave the guy a chance to make a play on the ball … had a 50-50 chance."


There is also a great video ESPN was showing of Russell making the following comments. They were showing it all day Monday, but I can't find it online anywhere. From bleacher report:

When asked at his locker what's been the biggest obstacle in his development, he replied: "Up and down. Up and down.”

Asked if he was referring to himself or the team he responded, “I don't think it's me, personally. I really don't. It's been a bad combination of one guy not doing something right one time, one guy another time.”

"Personally, I don't think so. Do you?" Russell added after a pause.

The video actually has the reporter stammering for an answer, shocked at what he just heard. Russell then gives a cocky laugh and smile, and says "I didn't think so."

A friend of a friend is a Raiders fan, and a couple of weeks ago he had said Russell was just there to collect a paycheck. I disagreed, because it looked like he was trying to improve himself, but couldn't. I blamed the coaches and team dysfunction. But after this, its clear Russell thinks hes Steve young, but plays like Akili Smith. Whenever you get someone like that, it's hard to coach them, because they play their way and expect everyone else to work around that. Unfortunately, when the reality of their play doesn't live up to their perception of it, you get a player who can't improve, and only drags others down with him. Russell is clearly just collecting a paycheck, because he knows Al Davis won't let him go, and he actually thinks he's still worth the money hes being paid.

Also, theres this: Vote4JaMarcus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment